Monday, September 24, 2007

To My Children

Dear Children,

Would it be too much to ask to please let me go to the bathroom in peace? Why is it that the world starts falling apart the moment I need some "time to myself?" I'm never in there for very long, and I'm sure that whatever it is that seems so important to you at that moment could certainly wait five more minutes!

(Unless, of course, someone is bleeding or the house in on fire*)

You all know that I love you dearly. However Mom needs some alone time. Please, in the future, refrain from waiting outside of the bathroom door, trying to shout to me about something through bathroom door, sending me notes under the bathroom door, and sticking your little fingers under the bathroom door.

Looking forward to the day she doesn't have to announce she is going "potty,"
Mom

*Please note that nowhere in that sentence are the phrases, "but I'm hungry" or "I want to watch TV" or "he/she hit me/took my toy/is breathing."

4 comments:

Tara said...

I gave up on the dream after Josh was born. Now after Eddie, I figure I have a good 17 or 18 years without "potty" quiet-time. :)

Anonymous said...

my greater concern is my child announcing that he's going potty then remarking, publicly mind you, on the size and shape of his excrement. why don't little boys come with a warning label?

Heids said...

HAHAHA

They put notes under the door?! Nomes, you have awesome kids even when they're naughty!!

Naomi said...

Yes, my daughter draws me pictures all of the time and slips them under the door. LOL

Most times it is really funny, but you know there are times when I would just like to be left alone while doing private things! :P