Wednesday, September 19, 2007

To the Doctors' Office

Dear (and I use this term loosely) Doctors' Office,

How the HECK do you not have any appointments open for those people who have to call in for a same day sick appointment? HOW?! I was under the impression that medical offices are supposed to keep a certain amount of appointments open for those who are sick. I called you this morning (one hour after opening, mind you) to make an appointment and the tart on the other end of the line told me that there weren't any more appointments for the day. Pardon? No more appointments? How is that? What am I supposed to do? The tart than proceeded to tell me that I could go to the Urgent Care Clinic through the ER.

!!!!!!!!!!!

May I just say that you're lucky I don't have a gun or something?

I don't think you should employ tarts anymore.

Because of your ineptness, I now have to wait until tonight to go to the ER when I know it is not going to be as busy. Are you trying to show the world what universal health care will be like? Because, since you are a military-run hospital, that is exactly what you are: universal health care. You have now made it quite clear that that is not what this country needs. And really, I have had a great experience with you, on the whole, but this is really just ridiculous.

Go enema yourself.

Spewing my germs towards you,
Nomes

2 comments:

Tara said...

I LOVE THIS! 9 1/2 years in the military, and it never has or will change. I can't tell you how many times I have STARTED to call the clinic around 10 min BEFORE they open, just to get in line for one of the very few same-day appointments. Sometimes, I have had to push my way through to the PAs and DEMAND appointments, (maybe exagerating my case a bit in the process), just to get a spot. With the exception that now we actually pay a portion out-of-pocket, I love civi-doctors!

Naomi said...

The sick thing is is that I went to the ER that same evening and was in and out in 45 minutes. Seriously. I think I'm just going to skip the Family Practice clinic altogether when I'm ill and just go to the ER!