Tuesday, September 18, 2007

To the FAA

To the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA),

Why, oh why are there not baby changing tables in all airplane lavatories? WHY????? Have you ever tried changing a wriggling baby in an airplane lavatory without a fold down changing table? I bet you haven’t! Have you ever, knowing that there wasn’t a changing table anywhere near you at an altitude of 30,000 feet, tried changing a baby on your lap, in the middle seat, in COACH!? I bet you haven’t.

I’ve tried ignoring the diaper. I’ve tried looking at other babies, hoping against hope that the other passengers would think it was one of them creating the foul stench and not my own child. I’ve tried changing the baby on that square inch of counter space in the lavatory. I’ve even tried changing the baby on the toilet seat!

What I propose is a new regulation. In case you haven’t noticed, revenues for all of the airlines have been plummeting lately. Passengers are fed up. Some people claim delays. Some people claim poor customer service. I can guarantee you it is the shocking lack of changing tables in the airplane lavatories. If you don’t think a new regulation will change anything why don’t you try flying with a stinky baby with nowhere to change it. I dare you. Try it. If you don’t want to fly with a stinky baby, I have plenty of diapers I can hide in your carryon.

Fed up with stinkies,
Nomes

No comments: