Thursday, September 27, 2007

To My Baby's Gummy Smile

Dear Baby's Gummy Smile,

Well, it looks as though you are not long for this world with the discovery of two teeth today. I have to say that I am always a little sad with the coming of the first few teeth, because I just love the way you gummy smiles look! I love how you gnaw on things and how you are all cute and pink when a grin shows you off. My goodness, I'm going to miss you.

Of course, I'll probably see you again once I lose all of my own teeth, but let's not go there...

Farewell, Gummy Smile.

Nomes

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't think of it as losing that great gummy smile. i try to think of it (we have two teeth here as well) as gaining a runny nose and a low grade fever. kind of a two for one!

i will miss the way an all gummy smile accentuates my girl's dimply cheeks.

Naomi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Naomi said...

Oooooooookay, so anyway, before blogger started acting up and only posted ONE LETTER of my last comment...

ROFL!!!! Isn't that the truth, though? Baby has been running like a drippy faucet for ages and that has been driving me crazy!

Awwwwwww for teefers. But totally still missing the gummies.

Rachel said...

I agree... it's just not the same once the teeth pop in. Still cute, but not the same...