Wednesday, September 26, 2007

To Monster Mommy

To: Monster Mommy
Re: Your recent frequent appearances.

It has come to my attention that you have been appearing more and more in our home and I'm afraid that this is just inexcusable. Whenever you show up (mainly at the most hectic part of the evening) yelling ensues, kids get upset, and my husband runs for cover. You have also been observed throwing random objects against the garage wall in an attempt to calm down.

Not that you haven't had almost justifiable cause: children ignoring you, babies crying, at times feeling somewhat under-appreciated. One can almost hardly fault you under such circumstances, but the frequency at which you have been turning up has, quite frankly, become alarming.

Please consider yourself "on notice."

Tired of the loss of control,
Nomes

7 comments:

Heids said...

Sounds like Monster Mommy needs a few days off!!
Monster Mommy should arrange to have the kids taken care of by a babysitter for a day or two, even a few hours, and she needs to go do something on her own - without hubby, without kids.
Then Nomes Mommy will be recharged!

Anonymous said...

running after i had my daughter helped....along with a healthy dose of chocolate each day. my husband would come home and duck as he walked in the door if he knew i hadn't run or he'd forgotten a bar of my drug of choice (mmm....cadbury!).

Tara said...

***C-H-O-C-O-L-A-T-E***

Naomi said...

I know the truth of all of your comments. I think I'm going to escape tonight. I'm just worn out and tired. Life has been full of stress these last couple of weeks. Unfortunately, there is SQUAT to do here in Spodunk, GA, so I have to be creative. :p

Heids said...

What about just going to a bookstore or getting some ice cream?

Naomi said...

LOL I'd live at the bookstore, if we had one. The closest we have to a bookstore is the book "department" at Walmart! Isn't that just sad?

And if I just kept getting ice cream, well.... *blows up* :D

Gosh, what I wouldn't give for a bookstore, now that you've brought it up! :p *misses Borders and Barnes and Noble*

I'll find something, I'm sure. My feet could sure use a Pedi...

Kristin said...

That's funny...lately I've felt like Monster Mommy has moved in to our house too and just won't take a hint. I try daily, sometimes hourly, to let her know that she is not welcome here and was never invited, at least not be me. I have noticed though that she comes with her ever-constant companions, Monster Noah, Monster Brady, and Monster Reagan. We are all very grateful that she leaves Monster Daddy sitting on the curb most days. If you find a way to get rid of her, please share your extermination methods with the rest of us!