Tuesday, September 18, 2007

To Floss

My Dear Floss,

I am writing this note to you to help you with your current self-esteem crisis. I know, I know, toothbrushes get all of the glory, but you are just as important - no, more important than any old toothbrush! Any toothbrush can get gunk off of the surface of a tooth, but there isn’t a single toothbrush out there that con do what you do. NOT ONE! Can a toothbrush get bits of food from between teeth? No! Can a toothbrush prevent cavities, and subsequent root canals, from occurring between teeth? No! But you can, floss! You can! You are an invaluable weapon in the arsenal against tooth decay! You are FLOSS! Now straighten out and cheer up. You. Are. Floss!

A Huge Fan of All of Her Teeth,
Nomes

P.S. My husband (who happens to be a Dentist) wanted to add this to put your importance into perspective:

Silver Filling - $80
Root Canal plus Crown - $1600
Extraction - $110
Implant - $4000
Flossing at night before going to bed - Priceless

~N

6 comments:

Heids said...

I haven't been to the dentist since 2005. I always forget to floss, and I don't even know if I floss correctly. Toothpaste makes me gag, I like AIM which I think is the most ghetto brand but it tastes ok.

Does floss expire? I think I've had the same plastic package thingie on my sink for a couple years....

Naomi said...

LOL! My hubby says now. And I'd try cinnamon toothpaste. All other toothpastes remind me of pregnancies, but vanilla flavored and cinnamon flavor is my life! The vanilla is like brushing with frosting, which I'm sure you would like! ;)

Floss. Seriously. Floss.

And go to the dentist. :p

snakey said...

hahahahahahaha!

You. Are. FLOSS!


I am glad you are writing this blog, my friend! You are hilarious!

librariane said...

I didn't believe my dentist when she said flossing would reduce my cavaties by a lot, and I didn't do it regularly until my braces were off. She was right!

Floss rules. Especially when used with those little Floss Mates.

Naomi said...

D'oh! I meant "hubby says no!" I really must proofread my own comments. I'm such a tool.

Floss probably does expire, but after a long time. :)

Naomi said...

And Floss Mates ROCK MY BARE FEET! Mush better than cutting off the circulation to your fingers while trying to protect for feet. I swear, it's almost like having tourniquets on your hands!