Friday, September 21, 2007

To My Baby and His Noises

Dearest Squealing Baby,

Do you have any idea how much joy those noises are to me? As you are my last, I realize that the sounds of baby-ness will not be much longer in my home. I love your noises: the cooing, the “da da das,” the hypersonic peals that almost reach canine hearing levels, and yes, even your cries. Little one, I have so much enjoyed this time with you. And now, while I still have you as a baby, please keep up the tender noises. I know that your infant laughter will eventually make its way to toddler laughter and beyond, but for now I am content. Thanks for the joyful noise!

All ears to all of your baby noises,
Mom

5 comments:

Tara said...

Ditto, Eddie is my last too, I feel the same.

I wonder if our boys, being so close in age, and the tail ends in the family, have any connection? Maybe they conspired together to be "movers and shakers" before they came? Maybe they will meet up again on their mission or school and have a tell-all with how their mutual plans to keep each mommy on her toes went down?

Naomi said...

Oh my gosh, can't you just see the two of them planning trouble before joining their future families????

*envisions the long planning sessions between Eddie and Josh*

Oh, I bet they have something totally prepared for when they turn teenagers! :)

KimmyBlair said...

OMG BABY NOISES! I remember when he was still brand new in the hospital and I had you keep poking him so he would make noise.

Naomi said...

LOL I remember that, too! He now has no trouble making himself heard. It might be time for webcamming again. :)

Heids said...

Just wait till you have grandchildren!