Tuesday, September 25, 2007

To Chocolate

Dear Chocolate,

I think I've figured out why women love you so much. You're like the punk kid we were told to stay away from in high school. You know the one: bad attitude, always in trouble, cute as all get-out. The kind of boy who we knew would lead us to nowhere good. but we were drawn to him, nonetheless.

You are just like that boy, Chocolate. We women know you're bad for us, that if we have too much of you it will lead us to nowhere good (i.e. ChubbyLand), yet we flock to you in droves! You are completely irresistible, what with your smoothness of texture, your pleasing aroma, your oh-so-sweet taste...

*takes a moment to eat a few bits of chocolate*

......

Feeling the guilt but ready to nibble you again in a heartbeat,
Nomes

2 comments:

Tara said...

I could devote an entire blog to chocolate, and all it's sin-ful forms! It is for sure my drug of choice, my family knows to stay out of my way if I have not had my daily dose!

Rachel said...

I really do like your letters. The potty one is a classic. I am now at the phase where I have to use the facilities with Clara either with me or within eyesight, since she is all about getting into stuff. Yesterday, despite her proximity, she still managed to get pinned under a folder chair she managed to pull over on herself. Good grief. I can't hold her on my lap all the time! Sometimes a mom needs to be alone!