Tuesday, October 9, 2007

To My Hair

To My Hair,

I just thought I should send you a little note of apology. I am so sorry for the past five years. The harsh conditions to which you have been subjected, namely the humidity, is beyond description. You, who have been born and bred for dry weather shouldn't have to deal with all of this moisture. It is wrong and I apologize.

I am also sorry for the treatment you have received because of my children. Because of the constant pulling and whatnot, I have been forced to keep you in a seemingly eternal bun. You are meant to be kept down, long and flowing.

Do you remember the days of flowing in the wind? Or me playing the piano and you giving off an irresistible urge to play with you to anyone who happened to be standing behind us?

Take heart, hair. Only three and a half more years before we leave humidity and small children behind us forever. And while I am sad about the small children part, I am most definitely looking forward to having you done properly.

Sincerely,
Nomes

No comments: